Why are jeans blue? What’s that teeny tiny pocket right above your actual pocket for? For what purpose were the first sunglasses created? Why are the buttons on women’s and men’s shirts on opposite sides? You probably know the size of your clothes, their color, brand, perhaps price, and definitely which ones look the best on you! What you may not know, however, is the surprising history behind some of your favorite your garments!
Did you know, for example, that at first, workers wore T-shirts exclusively as an undergarment? Wearing one out in public was considered scandalous! So, wanna know other fascinating facts about your clothes? Then watch the video!
Why are jeans blue? 0:46
Why do jeans have that tiny pocket? 1:56
Why is the Lacoste logo a crocodile? 3:55
Which writer was the first to use the word “T-shirt” in print? 5:36
For what purpose were the first sunglasses created? 6:28
What purposes do the extra holes in your Converse shoes serve? 7:36
Why are the buttons on men’s and women’s shirts on different sides? 8:50
#bluejeans #poloshirts #converse
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
- Italian sailors from the port of Genoa were colloquially known as “Genes”. Since they wore twilled cotton pants, the term “jeans” became synonymous with these unique cotton trousers.
- Natural indigo dye, on the other hand, sticks only to the outer surface of the thread. Each time it’s washed, small amounts of dye get washed away, taking some of the thread with them.
- That little pocket dates back to the first jeans produced by the Levi Strauss Company back in 1879.
- Enter French tennis star Rene Lacoste, who shocked the sporting world by adopting a short-sleeved 3-button shirt while most players were still wearing the standard long-sleeved ones. His nickname was “the crocodile,” and this reptile soon appeared on the shirt’s left breast.
- The T-shirt got its name from its shape, which resembles the letter T. The Oxford English Dictionary credits American author F. Scott Fitzgerald as the first to use the word “T-shirt” in print in his novel “This Side of Paradise”.
- In the 19th century, protection from the sun’s rays wasn’t a concern yet, and wearing sunglasses was anything but cool. That’s because they were commonly prescribed for people suffering from syphilis since one of the symptoms of this disease is sensitivity to light.
- As for those two holes, they serve 2 purposes. The first is pretty obvious to most people: extra ventilation. After all, these shoes were originally designed for athletes, basket players to be precise.
- ack in the mid to late 1800s, women’s clothing was way more complicated than men’s, so much so that women needed assistance in getting dressed! Thus, their articles of clothing were designed in a way that made it easier for other people to button them up.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
Some of your snippets need more extrapolation as to why the products have the things they do, like links to the real reason the products have the things they do... I feel so incomplete watching most of your videos, although I like your videos, please explain more about how you found out about these extra things! Thank you :)
this is my best YouTube channel I got all my inspirations here thank you sir for putting this through .you have just inspired me to have my own channel and I would need support from all of us here pls go subscribe to my channel https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVCHsNP0U7EClNaL4GJhm8g
Guess the different emoji
Even harder 🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙎🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️🙍🏼♀️
And I will like my own comment because no Will try it
Did you get any of them
Levi jeans is prejudice if you see they logo that logo is a man holding a what two men holding a whip hitting on the back of the horse and in between of the two horses is a pair of jeans now you know what used to be the jeans it was a black person they used to rip us apart man woman and child and that logo stands for when they used to do such things so never wear Levi jeans if you're black never
Dear brothers and sisters, Jesus Christ loves you so much. He desires to have a close and personal relationship with you. Will you receive Him into your heart and into your life this very moment? In closeness with Jesus you are safe. In the intimacy of His presence you are energized. No matter where you are in the world, you know you belong when you sense Jesus Christ is near. Ever since the Fall, man has experienced a gaping emptiness that only Jesus presence can fill. You were designed for close communication with our Creator YHWH (Father God). Father God enjoyed walking in the garden with Adam and Eve, before the evil one deceived them!
When you commute with Jesus in the garden of your heart, both you and Jesus are blessed. This is His way of living in the world---through you! Together we all can push back the darkness, with Jesus Christ whom dwells with us for He is the light of the world. Believe in Yeshua (Jesus Christ), accept what He did on the cross for the sins of mankind. Ask our Lord and Savior to forgive you of your sins, study The Living Word in the Christian based Holy Bible. Allow yourself to be water baptized, washed clean and made anew by His precious blood. Welcome the Holy Spirit into your whole being. It will be the greatest decision you will ever make.❤️❤️❤️ (Psalm 32 : 7; Genesis 3 : 8-9; John 3 : 16; John 8 : 12).
The internet is a sea of valuable information of all accumulated human knowledge where we can delve into any subject known to man and learn every single detail about it without leaving our bedrooms. If used properly, we can all become nuclear physicists and create a Utopia of quantum power where the monetary system becomes void because we do have all the knowledge and technology as humans to satisfy all our human needs while preserving the planet’s natural resources and without any wars. It’s all there at our fingertips. But you’re idiots. We are all idiots.
As hip-hop remains a staple in our society, we continue to appreciate the artists behind this broad genre of music. While Biggie and Tupac represent the best of hip-hop excellence from both coasts, we also remember these two as humans beings, just like the rest of us. With that comes personality, charm, and, of course, a good sense-of-humor.
Today, with the ever-changing nuances of technology and the Internet, rappers can express themselves and their senses of humor in ways far beyond that their music. Whether it’s a GIF, a tweet, a meme, a Snapchat — there’s never a bad time to insert comedy into any given situation. When it comes to music videos, Lil Dicky sets the bar high with “$ave Dat Money,” which clocks in at over 84 million views and counting. Aside from his undeniable talent behind the mic, LD effortlessly reveals a career in comedy is at his fingertips.