Daily Deals - 82 Year Old Mom Uses Amazon Echo
Get it Now
My mother is 84 years old and she struggles talking on a cell phone, and I struggle to hear her. She kept bumping the cell phone up against her chin, and when I talked to her I hear numerous beeps when we are talking like someone was dialing out. She is having trouble holding the cell phone up to her head. I talked my mom in to getting an Amazon Echo as a gift from me. My sister helped to set it up since I am in another state. When you make a call with the Echo, it uses the phone number associated with the cell phone that is on your Amazon account. So I changed that to my mothers cell number. So when she makes a call, it shows up as her cell phone number on the Caller ID. Now all she has to do is say "Alexa call Greg", and the Echo dials me up, and anyone in her contact list. She rests comfortably in her easy chair, and she can hear everything I say through the Echo, and I can hear everything my mother says very clearly. She can also ask Alexa to dial any number, that is very helpful as well. This feature alone was well worth the price of buying an Amazon Echo. My mother is learning very quickly all the other skills Alexa is able to do, weather, music, audiobooks, trivia questions, etc. Now that I am able to talk to my mother with ease.
I would have to say this is the BEST gadget I have ever bought on Amazon.
Attached is a Voice Mail from my mother, and how much she LOVES the Amazon Echo
Echo connects to Alexa to play music, read the news, set alarms and timers, answer questions, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
• Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play Audible audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
• Powerful speakers with Dolby technology play 360° audio with clear vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer settings or pair with another Echo (2nd Gen) for stereo sound.
• Call and message almost anyone hands-free. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
• With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing.
• Use your voice to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, find TV shows, and do more with compatible connected devices.
• Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.